Sunday 20 May 2018

It's all about the mindset!

A few weeks ago, I heard about 2B mindset, it's through beachbody, and what I love about this is it's not a diet, it's just about changing your mindset about food, and I have to say it's exactly what I needed to learn. I have never been a big fan of diets, they are just to hard to stick to.

I'm not here to try to sell you on it, but show you some of the meals I have been putting together.
Another bento box lunch, I love having variety, and this helps. So the Quinoa has a bit of soy sauce to it, and it's a sliced turkey sausage above that, and a mix of vegetables (cucumber, red pepper and snap peas), and a kale coleslaw.

Also just want to mention about endometriosis, I am suppose to avoid meat except seafood, and also avoid dairy and gluten, but since my big surgery, pain isn't as bad so now I do variety. I do still have some vegetarian meals, some meals with seafood, which is usually fish, shrimp or scallops, and I do avoid dairy a lot because overall it doesn't like me to much, especially cheese. So I do still drink almond milk, and I'm ok with goat cheese so I have that and feta from time to time. I do love cheese so I have some once in a while, then the occasional treat of ice cream. I am ok with yogurt so I do have that sometimes as well. As for gluten, again once in a while I'll have it, but most of the time it's gluten free cause I really do love brown rice and quinoa. As I have learned, it's all about balance but it doesn't have to be complicated at all. There's no calorie counting, it's all about balance.


I really am a huge fan of salad!! Year round I include a variety of salads. The first one is thank you to my mother in law, we had gone to see her for mother's day and she gave me a container of left over salad that she had put together for supper, it's lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, and radishes, all from the market where she went shopping. She even called before to see if I wanted her to buy me some and I of course agreed. She gave me 2 yellow and 2 red tomatoes, green/purple lettuce, and a bunch of small cucumbers. I did add some quinoa and I sliced up a turkey sausage to make it more of a balanced meal and the newman's own dressing. The salad below that is a kale slaw that I sometimes buy, but I also added a bit of romaine lettuce, cucumbers, red onion and tomatoes, and topped with lemon and herb shrimp. The dressing is a creamy feta dressing but I thinned it out with the juice of half a lemon. Both were delicious!
Thanks to being able to do a compressed work schedule I get every other Friday off, so this past Friday was my day off, so I dropped off hubby at work and met up with a friend downtown. Since it was an early start, we met at Starbucks and had breakfast there. The unhealthy part was the chai tea latte but breakfast was nice and healthy. They have a wheat wrap with egg whites cooked with spinach and topped with a bit of feta cheese!  Then since nothing was opened yet, we took an hour walk along the canal. It was perfect weather for a nice walk. Then we did some shopping, and was happy to see that the market was open. I picked up a bunch of green onions, and some radishes. I was tempted to buy more but I already have lots of vegetables and some fruit on hand.

Over the winter months I bring my herb garden in the house and I have light that acts like the sun but they didn't do well at all so decided to start over, so here's the herbs I picked up in the  market to then plant into my boxes I have at home, which I did pick up more dirt to get them set up
Starting at the top left, is lemon thyme, to the right of that is cilantro, and keep moving towards the right, then it's basil, and chives, at the bottom left it's regular thyme, parsley, rosemary and dill. Yesterday it rained all day so I hope to get out there today and get them planted and outside. I love this time of year where I can have herbs just outside my patio door so it's an easy grab when I need herbs, and not to mention a great way to add flavor to meals.











The above pictures is a "pancake". The ingredients are, 2 eggs and one banana, that's it!  So you just smash up the banana with a fork in a bowl, then add in the two eggs and mix. You can make pancake size portions, but I decided to pour it all in and make a crepe. the filling is chia jam. I first started by making the jam so the chia seeds had time to do their magic. I mashed up 4 fresh strawberries, added a splash of maple syrup, two heaping tsp of Greek yogurt and about 2 tbsp of chia seeds and mixed everything together, then let it sit while I prepared the crepe. It was a bit tricky to flip but I managed it pretty well. Once it was cooked I put the jam in the middle and folded in the ends to make it look like what you would see in a restaurant, and it was delicious!!

Yesterday for lunch I made BLT's using one of the red tomatoes from the market, it was so good!! So excited to be in that time of year where I can pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables from the market. Also happy that it's the long weekend!! I will be getting back into the kitchen to prepare lunches for the week either later today or tomorrow. I'm really enjoying this new lifestyle, I get to pick what I want to eat, as long as I balance my plate, I'm all set to go. Yes there's room for treats because it's also important. My mindset has for sure changed, and as someone else mentioned, and it's so true, never knew it could be this fun to lose weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment