Tuesday 27 February 2018

Overdo post

It has been way to long since I have posted anything. Life has been quite busy, starting with Christmas, which we had a wonderful time with family, then after taking 2 weeks off, it was getting back into the swing of things, and then we had a lot of company come over. First it was my cousin from Alberta, for 2 weekends, she had to work during the week near our place, and the second weekend, her brother and his family came down, and as usual, I laughed so much! It was so great to see them all, and I had so much fun. Then my cousin from Sudbury came down, it was a more relaxed weekend which was great, and we of course stopped in at Chapters. Then my in-laws came down for a visit, we did some shopping, and played cards and had a great time.

When I was shopping for presents, we do this Christmas gift exchange, and I was already on my way to Ikea to get my goddaughter a gift, so I stopped in at Terra 20 to get a few things I needed, and decided to see what they had in hopes to find something for the gift exchange and I did. I have been seeing these bento boxes here and there, and unsure if it's something I should try out, but decided this would be a pretty good gift, and the game we play can sometimes lead to getting your own gift which isn't a bad thing, so decided why not. The more I thought of it, the more I wanted to get one for myself, which I didn't get mine back, I ended up getting a Chapters gift card and home made caramel sauce, that my hubby's cousin made, and it's delicious!! So I made another stop in at Terra 20 to get a few.
So I didn't have enough room for my veggies to snack on so those are in a baggy, but to the left on top is 2 boiled eggs with half an avocado, under that is half a banana, raspberries and blueberries, next to that is a salad, and that small container is the dressing. Bento boxes are my new obsession. I tend to fill up pretty quickly so this is a good way to snack on different things during the day. Here's another bento box I put together
So this one to the top left is carrots, celery and a bit of humus, under that is macaroni salad that I made. It's brown rice pasta with chopped up celery, green onions, radishes and broccoli, and the dressing is Dijon mustard, a bit of relish and some mayo with a bit of paprika and pepper. The top right is a bit of Greek yogurt, chia seeds, a tsp. of maple syrup and blueberries, under that is a whole wheat wrap with tuna salad. My tuna salad has very thinly chopped up celery, red onion and radish mixed with half an avocado, Dijon mustard, and a tiny bit of mayo. Along the right side is raspberries.

Over the weekend I also made a banana bread and some guacamole, and cooked up some chicken for my hubby's lunch. I'm trying to stay away from meat again, except fish and shrimp because I have been getting some endometriosis pain here and there, so on Sunday night we had shrimp with aioli sauce, some of the macaroni salad, and a garden salad with an avocado dressing. Yesterday he had pork, and I had salmon with sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus. Tonight will be a vegetarian stir fry for me and he will have chicken with his.

I will try to blog more often to share more information and recipes. Next week I'm off on a girls trip, so stay tuned for the details on that! One hint, if you watch the Rachael Ray talk show, you should be seeing me in the audience!  So excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment