Sunday 2 April 2017

Spring

It's starting to feel more like spring is finally here. We did get a bit of snow on Friday, but thankfully not as much as they were calling. We do still have some snow on the ground but so far it's 5 and the sun is shining brightly. Therefore I decided to enjoy the sunshine and went outside for a run. I did 6 km and took me about 46 minutes, which is slow compared to what I use to do, but considering I haven't been running much lately, I did pretty good.

I have been exercising, but just mixing things up. Where I work, they do have a gym in the basement of the building, which is very helpful. They offer classes, and I joined yoga which is a great way to increase my flexibility and do something more relaxing for exercise. I tend to do that once a week, and then I recently tried out spinning class and I really do enjoy it. A few girls that I work with get together to also go for a walk during lunch break, and when it's nice we go outside, otherwise we walk the halls in the basement. Sometimes I go to the gym to do weights, biking, or on the treadmill. I think it's important to mix things up when it comes to exercising.

This summer, my hubby and I hope to be able to play baseball again, and I'm thinking to try out soccer as well. There's a bunch of people that get together during lunch hour 3 times a week to play, just for fun, so I think I'll give that a try this year.

I do of course still spend time in the kitchen, and I'm working on making lighter foods now that it's getting warmer. Today I plan to make a potato salad, and will be making pasta for supper. I prepared a few salads for my lunch this week, and we have some cookies to snack on.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment