Sunday 10 April 2016

Pretty Happy

Finally took some time to do a bit of baking this weekend. I made these really great muffins from the Joyous Health cookbook. There is a lot of ingredients in these muffins, but they taste so good and they are gluten free. They are called Morning glory muffins, and you can find a similar recipe on her blog here. Her recipe in the cookbook calls for almond meal instead of oats, and there are a few other differences, so I do suggest you get her book because there are a lot more amazing recipes in her book.
These muffins will be incredible for breakfast, which I did have one this morning and it was delicious! Last week I prepared an overnight oatmeal for my breakfast for the week, and that also turned out really good.
It may not look that great, but it was tasty. I used 1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 cup quinoa flakes, a hand full of walnuts, 1 tbsp of ground flax seed, an apple, chopped, 3 tbsp of maple syrup (more or less, depending how sweet you want it). Then I added 1 1/2 cups of almond milk. I let it soak a while, then checked up on it and it needed more almond milk so I added another 1/2 cup. I also added some cinnamon. Overnight oatmeal is great because you have it all set to eat in the morning, which you can eat it cold or warm it up.

Now to discuss my title of this post, Pretty Happy, it's a new book from Kate Hudson
I must say it's a really good read. She talks about what she does to be pretty happy, including food and exercise. I love all the information she provides, and she doesn't tell you what to eat, just gives you the information on what is good for us and what isn't, which we all already know. She also confesses to eating not so great from time to time, but it's all about balance. For the longest time, like I'm sure many of you have also done, it was all about going on a diet to lose the weight we gained, then fall off of it cause it's to hard to follow and stick to, then we go back to not eating so healthy, and it's one vicious cycle. We all should be eating a balanced diet, with the occasional treat. Life isn't about depriving ourselves, it's about well being pretty happy. Why she chose the title Pretty Happy, well it's because we all have hard times in life, so it's finding a good balance, and when those hard times come, we are stronger in getting through them. I still have my own struggles, I still miss my mom, grandma and aunt so very much. They were 3 incredible women, and to lose them within a year, was so very hard. I'm glad to have gotten this book, it's helping me in writing things out, and making me realize things. I really do recommend this book, it's really good!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment