Sunday 21 February 2016

Homemade Potato Tots

We got a lot of snow again, 52 cm in one day! So I got a good workout in that day, my hubby went out twice on his own, then I went once on my own, then we went out together. He was working from home which is why he tackled it on his own the first two times. Then yesterday we hit 6 and got some rain, then today back to more snow, but we aren't suppose to get as much.

I did decide to try to make homemade potato tots on Friday, and they turned out good
I got the recipe from Southern at heart on the Food network. It's a few steps but they are easy to make and so much healthier!

I'm still watching quite a few cooking shows, it's giving me ideas on what to make, but it's been a busy week so I haven't made to much. I do plan to make a vegetable, quinoa, lentil soup with some miso and turmeric for flavor.

Yesterday I went to see my hubby play hockey, then we met up with my dad, brother, nieces and nephews for supper at The big Rig, we all have never been there, and we got a really good seat right by the kitchen so we can see some of the action back there. I wanted a ruban, because I love watching the movie Chef and been wanting a ruban ever since, and the waitress came back and said they weren't able to make it, which got me really disappointed. I ended up getting the jambalaya instead, and it wasn't to bad. My hubby got the nachos and those were really good! Everyone else really liked what they got, then my brother and nephew went to see Kung Fu panda, and the rest of us went to see The 5th wave. It was really good, they followed the book pretty closely. Looking forward to reading the second book, then the third once it comes out in May. It was a great evening, and now today it's about house work and being in the kitchen, so far I've made a potato salad. I might just make some carrot muffins to.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment