Sunday 18 October 2015

Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year. It's just so cozy, and beautiful!  We get to see beautiful colors outside, and it's the perfect weather to be outside running, or doing any sort of exercise/sport.
Yesterday and today, we got some wet snow, not much but it was still pretty to see, but glad it didn't stick to the ground. I'm not quite ready for snow yet, it's just to early for that. I am really enjoying the beautiful colors and cool weather out there.

I did get into the kitchen this week, but it was to prepare for an Epicure party. I went to a friend's place and we were 12 women in total, so a good turnout. We had vegetables and dip, I made a 3 onion, herb and garlic and lemon dilly dips. I also prepared some salsa, and guacamole, and I prepared a cheese dip in a sourdough bread, and for a drink, I made apple cider, and dessert was an eggnog cheesecake. It was a fun night!  Yesterday we went to my dad's for supper, and my brother, sister in law, nieces and nephews also went. They brought dessert, which was an apple crumble and some watermelon cupcakes which both were really good! I brought some vegetables and dip, and my dad prepared a turkey, some ham, potatoes and corn. It was all very good! Today I thought to make some snacks, but realized we still have a few muffins left, there's left over cheesecake and vegetables and dip, so I only prepared a few lunches. I've been eating quite a bit of meat lately, so thinking to do a bit of a detox, and eat lighter for a while, no meat except fish or shrimp, and cut back on dairy and sugar because I've had a bit to much of those as well. I haven't had any endometriosis pain but before I do, it's a good idea for me to cut back on those things. My niece picked up a new cookbook for me, it is in French, but I looked at it at my brother's place, and my sister in a law tried a few recipes and has loved them all. One I'm looking forward to trying out is a pasta recipe, it's with tofu, and they said it was amazing. I also haven't made many recipes from the thug kitchen cookbook that my friend got me as a gift, so I'm thinking to see what new recipe I can make from that book as well.

It's a perfect time for me to do this because it is cooler out, so it will be nice to have some vegetable  or miso soup, some vegetarian chili, pasta or stir fries. I'm sure my hubby won't be in on that, he likes his meat, so I'll be sure to add some to his meals.

Hope everyone is enjoying Fall as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment