Sunday 30 August 2015

Cooking and running

This morning I went out for a run. Felt great to be out there. When I first started, I was running against the wind, so after a while it became harder, but once I turned around it was a little easier. I ended up doing 6 km today, and took me 41 minutes. I did have to stop a few times to walk but it was a beautiful morning to be out there.

Last weekend I decided to make some granola bars, and they turned out really good. As well I made a chai chia pudding, which also turned out really good.
The bars I put in a mix of nuts: almonds, macadamia, and cashews, I also put in some cranberries, goji berries, bee pollen, quinoa crisps, some maple syrup and a bit of orange juice. They were a bit crumbly but still really good. The chai chia pudding, was a mix of spices, some chia seeds and almond milk. I had to add more almond milk because they were pretty thick, but still turned out delicious!

During the week, we went with a friend to do some shopping at Costco. We haven't been in a long time, so it was nice going and buying some things we needed, including filling up our tank for our BBQ. On the way back home, I ended up pointing out a beautiful rainbow. Haven't seen one in a long time!  At one spot it was a double rainbow with some space in between them, then when we got closer to home, we saw this one, and since we were stopped at a light, it gave me a chance to snap a picture.
It was so nice to see, and it had some beautiful colors!

This weekend, other then my run, we played baseball Friday night, and yesterday I did some house cleaning, and prepared a coleslaw. For supper I tried a new marinade for a pork tenderloin, and it turned out delicious!  We both really enjoyed it.

Today after my run, and a shower, I had a bit of lunch and relaxed, then got busy in the kitchen. I chopped up my broccoli, prepared two salads for my lunch this week, as well as prepare the berry chia pudding, which I again went with raspberries. I also made some Chocolate Banana bread muffins
 My hubby and I shared one and they turned out really good. You can find the recipe at the Tone it up website. I really do enjoy the workouts, I have been doing them every morning during the week, and once last weekend, and they are tough but fun workouts. Towards the end of my first week with the workouts, I was muscle sore in so many places, but I do feel like I'm getting stronger. Been enjoying a lot of their recipes as well, the marinade for the pork tenderloin was from them. Going to keep going with the workouts until Thursday, then we will be headed towards Sudbury for a week. Will be nice to see family. I plan to bring some workout gear, so I can go running, and hopefully get to go swimming and see what else we can do, since we will be camping.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment