Sunday 28 September 2014

Army Run

Sorry it's been a while since I have put up a new post. Been really busy these past few weeks, with our baseball tournament, then we went to Sudbury for a wedding, and last weekend my cousin came down from Sudbury, and we did the half marathon.

Now do note that with our not so great year, we struggled with training for this half marathon, but we still did it, and finished it!  We also didn't have the best weather, it rained most of the time. We ran about 1/4 of the race, and walked the rest, and it took us 3 hours and 49 minutes.

Might be a bit hard to tell from the photo but we are soaked! Although the weather wasn't nice and we got bad blisters on our feet, so exhausted, and were muscle sore for a few days, we did have a good time, we chatted most of the way and we finished a half marathon!  We are very proud, and we did this race for my mom, our aunt and grandma.

This event is set up every year in Ottawa, and it's so great to help our members. For the 5 km race there were 13,000 people, and for the half marathon (21.5 km) there were 12,000 people.

This weekend I finally had some time to get busy in the kitchen, and I did a lot of chopping, but all my vegetables will be easy to grab during the week. I also decided to make banana muffins, and I took the recipe from Anna Olson's book, back to baking, but make a few changes to the recipe. Instead of using brown sugar, I used coconut sugar, and instead of white flour, I did a bit of a mix of 2 tbsp of coconut flour, with some oat flour (took rolled oats and put it in my blender to turn it into a flour), and also some spelt flour. The recipe was for a banana loaf, but I decided to make muffins instead, makes it easier to grab and eat as a snack at work. They turned out really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment