Sunday 26 January 2020

Sweet Potato Veggie Pad Thai

My last post I talked about the new Joyous Health cookbook that I got, well I made a lot of recipes from that book. My favorite one was the Sweet Potato Veggie pad Thai.

  
 Mine is on the right with lots of cilantro! Hubby hates cilantro so I put a bit of parley on his. You can find the recipe here. The recipe on the link calls for grapeseed oil but you can use olive oil, which is what I used, as per her recipe in the book. Either one is a great choice. I did not miss the pasta in this one, it as very tasty! My hubby is a meat eater, but he really enjoyed it as well. Lots of great flavors.

I tried a bunch more recipes from her book and they were all delicious!




The top one is the buckwheat chocolate chip banana bread. Unlike it's name, buckwheat is gluten free, which I love. With endometriosis, gluten is something that is good to avoid. The second photo is the minestrone soup, which made a big batch, but I'm ok with that. I froze 3 mason jars of the soup and it will be great to take out if I don't have much time, or craving some soup. The noodles are spelt, so not gluten free, but I have never tried that type of pasta so decided to follow the recipe. The only item missing in the soup is kale. The last photo is the one-pot paprika chicken. Those who know me, know that I'm not a fan of olives, but I'm trying to build a liking to them since they are healthy. I'm slowly getting there but in this recipe I didn't mind them at all. There wasn't a lot and with the other flavors it was really good.

The chicken I made on a Sunday, and then the Monday I went vegan to detox from diary and meat to avoid pain from endo. I did get some pain but doing better now.

First photo is baked salmon with a dill pesto, and the side is garlic green beans with tahini lemon sauce. Very tasty!! The pesto has capers as well and instead of the usual basil pesto, it's with dill and it's very good! The green beans were delicious as well. Not only do you top them with the sauce, but also some pomegranate seeds, chopped almonds and nutritional yeast. The last photo is veggie and shrimp green curry. This to was very good! We had some left overs for a few lunches.

This is over a span of 2 weeks, and it's been really great to try out new recipes. Tonight's supper will be fajitas! Mine will be shrimp and his will be chicken. I already have guacamole ready. I also took the time to prepare our lunch for tomorrow which will be a bento box. I will try to remember to take a photo of it and share it with you.

The weekend has been great. My goal for this year is to de-clutter, and so far it's going pretty good. I cleaned/de-cluttered our end tables and dressers in our room, I went through all the bathroom stuff and got rid of 2 very full grocery bags of things that expired or we weren't using. This past Friday I went through my clothes and I got rid of a large garbage bag full of things that don't fit or I don't wear. It's in my basement for now but I will donate it.

A friend of mine at work gave me 2 tickets to go to the Ottawa Home Show, so we went Friday late afternoon to check it out since we would like to reno our house. It was interesting but some are really after you to get your attention, like sharks, it's crazy! It was interesting, but the best part was getting to see Bryan Baeumler on stage
He was funny and provided a lot of great information and tips. He also talked about the Island he has, and I'm really looking forward to the second season which starts towards the end of February. Wish I could have met him in person to get a photo and autograph but it was cool to see him fairly close. Thanks to my friend I got to sit with her and her hubby in the 4th row. The rest of the weekend has been pretty good except for this wet heavy snow we have gotten. Thankfully we have a snowblower to help.

If you haven't had the chance or taken the time to try a new recipe, I recommend it! It's nice trying something new instead of always going for the same meals. I'm glad I decided to try all these recipes, especially that pad thai which is a must make again, and again!

There's a few more recipes in her book I want to try out, which I have plans to make one tomorrow. I'll be sure to take a picture and share it with you. Hope everyone else has had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment